DevonHouse Senior Living Parkinson’s Disease Management Program
DevonHouse partners with the family physician, neurologist, speech and physical therapist to increase the capabilities of residents presenting signs and symptoms of this progressive but manageable disease. DevonHouse licensed nurses* and staff:
- Ambulate the resident with contact assistance as long as possible
- Apply assistive devices such as hand and leg splints and adaptive devices for performing activities of daily living that promote prolonged independence
- Assist nutritional status and work with physicians and our licensed dietitians to provide soft or thickened diets as needed
- Incorporate our fall prevention program into the resident’s daily support plan
- Provide quality skin care, body repositioning and safety measures if the resident becomes immobile
*DevonHouse staffs on-site licensed nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week.